Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I love my job

So this morning I wake up, feeling much the same as I did when I woke up at the exact same time yesterday. I rolly polled to the end of my bed landing my fist in the middle of a heaped pile of random clothes I may or may not have worn in the past week, flapped my arm around until it fell upon something that felt Chiffon-y/structured/not leather or acid wash denim, grabbed it, as well as some underwear that does not completely piss me off (those are for the last days of my laundry cycle, or for when I am seeing a guy I do not want to allow myself to sleep with as it elects taking my pants off far too embarrassing), and dragged my feet all the way to the bathroom to shower (all the while keeping my eyes closed).
I drank my honey tea, did NOT have a cigarette, flicked my hair around, dabbed some random coloured substances onto delegated parts of my face, tossed some sunnies on and legged it to work with my east-side boo Jay-Z.
In hinesight - the beginning to a typical weekday for JSC.

As I swaggered through my old wood brass doors as if I actually was Jay-Z, I was greeted by our ever angelic outside clerk and also THIS:





 Naturally. I had to snatch my glasses off of my face to make sure that there wasn't some sort of shiny bright sports jacket and matching hat with Ray Bans wearing, one hit wonder singing penguin scratch on the lenses.
But surely enough, Benny was real. And continues to be real every single time one of my smarmy co-workers presses his foot in an effortless attempt to annoy me. I throw them the ol hairy eye balls, pretend to be super unimpressed with their mischevious and ill-intended act, ya know - give them what they want. But really, everytime he flings his head around like an Avgas fuelled carousel he makes me the happiest I have been since I watched Dawson's Creek all day Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment